If you know me, every time I search for a recipe I include the word “easy” in that search.
These are some really easy and delicious white cupcakes with chocolate frosting that I made for my birthday (ok, mostly I made them because I’m a sugar addict, I didn’t need a good reason). They can easily be made pareve or dairy. I actually made them pareve this time and they were delicious.
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (or 1/2 cup (pareve) margarine)
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk (or ½ pareve milk alternative, I used coconut milk)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 12-muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Cream together the sugar and butter.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Add the flour and baking powder, and mix well.
- Stir in the milk until batter is smooth.
- Pour or spoon batter into the liners.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cupcakes are done when a toothpick inserted comes out clean (or when cake springs back to the touch).
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup milk (or ⅓ cup milk alternative, such as coconut milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- Melt the margarine
- Beat melted margarine and cocoa together until combined.
- Add milk and vanilla, then beat until smooth.
- Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar until desired consistency is achieved. If necessary, adjust with more milk or confectioners’ sugar.