Quinoa is one of those side dishes that really needs to be spiced up a little. This recipe is a really easy and simple way to make your quinoa tasty. We recently made this for Shabbos as a side dish with Slow Cooker Moroccan Chicken Thighs (recipe coming soon). It was such an easy meal and a delicious change to our normal flavors.
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup dates chopped
- 1/2 cup green olives chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chicken broth
- In a pot, add olive oil, dates, green olives, and salt
- Lightly cook for 2-3 minutes
- Add quinoa and chicken broth to the pot and bring to boil
- Once boiling, reduce heat; cover and simmer.
- Cook for approximately 12-15 minutes or until desired texture, stirring occasionally.
- Serve and enjoy!