- 1 cup oats (Really any will work. If using steel cut oats, I’ve found that it works best to use a dash more milk in the recipe.)
- 1 ½ Tbsp chia seeds
- 4 Tbsp peanut butter (creamy or crunchy), or almond butter.
- 2 Tbsp honey (or substitute such as maple syrup, coconut sugar, organic brown sugar, stevia to taste)
- 1 cup milk (or milk substitute, such as almond milk)
- Fruit: such as sliced bananas, strawberries
- Add all ingredients to a jar or small bowl (I usually put in the order listed under ingredients).
- Stir well with a spoon to combine. It doesn’t have to be completely mixed. Push the oats down to ensure that they are covered by the milk.
- Cover securely with a lid.
- Place in refrigerator overnight (or for at least 6 hours).
- When ready to enjoy, mix again. Eat as is or garnish with toppings.
- Best when enjoyed within the first 12-24 hours, but will keep in refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Leave a Reply