Last week we celebrated the holiday of Shavuos. During this holiday we are celebrating G-d giving us the Torah which occurred on Shavuos at Mount Sinai over 3,300 years ago.
It is a holiday typically filled with dairy meals, and with that, obviously, comes cheesecake. So much cheesecake.
Unfortunately, somehow this year I managed not to eat any cheesecake. Still pretty sad about that. So I thought I’d share the best cheesecake recipe ever, and drool a little bit in the process.
- 1 ¼ c. Graham Cracker Crumbs (about 16 crackers)
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 3 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
- 19 oz. (or about 2 ⅓ c.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. Lemon extract ***optional
- ¼ tsp. Vanilla
- 3 eggs
- Sour cream (OR) glaze ***optional
- Heat oven to 350. Stir together crumbs and 2 Tbsp. sugar. Mix in butter thoroughly. Press mixture evenly in bottom of a 9 inch springform pan. Bake 10 minutes. Cool.
- Reduce oven temp. To 300. Beat cream cheese in large bowl. Gradually add 1 c. sugar, beating until fluffy. Add lemon and vanilla. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Pour over crumb mix.
- Bake 1 hr. Or until center is firm. Cool to room temp. Spread with sour cream or glaze. Chill at least 3 hrs. Loosen edge of cheesecake with knife before removing side of pan.
Leave a Reply